Friday, November 23

Running on Empty

It is report card time. And end of semester time. I have not been getting much sleep lately. With my Masters courses over next week, it will certainly give me more time to spend with wife............and dog!

I have been ignoring my blog. Each day I hear something on the radio or see something on the telly that I want to put my '2 cents worth.' So I have a list:

1) Should Parents Pay for Damages Their Kids Create?
Yes and no. In some instances the parents may be trying the best that they can, and the kid will not listen. Bill the kid, and when she/he begins to work (hopefully) in the future, they will look at their pay stub and say, "Oh yeah, that money comes out for the time I broke into the corner store."
If some parents got a bill from their kids vandalism, a bit of a 'beat down' may happen. So then child abuse is a problem. I am not going to get into the 'poor can't afford it and don't care anyway' debate. Cause I just don't believe it.

2) Smoking in Cars.
In Wolfville, NS, the local government has passed a law, stating that it is now illegal to smoke in YOUR OWN car if a child under 18 is aboard. This one is getting a lot of press. Great idea, more headache for cops and court. Coming from a non-smoker's POV, I think this a good law. I wonder what is the co-relation to people who speed, don't wear seat belts, AND smoke? Rebels, I say!

3) Should Canadian Olympic Athletes get paid for winning a medal?
Why not? Other countries have been doing this for years, and many of our athletes need to work part time as they train. This is like the carrot dangling in front of the donkey. It will get them to run faster. Hopefully their cleats won't tangle up in any hurdles as they run through China's smog!

Now, I must try to finish report card comments!

No comments: