Friday, December 14

Losing a Loved One

On December 2nd my father-in-law Carl Bowen passed away after battling cancer for more than a year. Even though I only knew him for 5 years, and I didn't feel that we had that much in common, I can honestly say he is the best man I have ever met.

When you hear the phrase "a good fellow" or "would do anything for anybody" it related to him. He was also low-key, but full of humour and wisdom to his wife, daughter, family and friends. During his wake and funeral, the tiny church in the community of Red Cliffe was full of people whose lives he had touched across the province.

I can only hope to be as good as husband, father, and friend as Carl. And love my profession as much as he did. Keep on truckin' Carl. We'll certainly miss your desserts!

Here are a few pictures to honour his memory:

As a child growing up in Red Cliffe:



As a father to Corinne:




As a friend:




R.I.P Carl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Love the one with the pup (the white coat that is).

Blog of Elliott said...

Corinne and Chris,
So sorry to hear about your loss. Cherish your memories...my thoughts are with you.