Monday, December 10

Happy Birthday Chantel


Today my 'baby' sister turned 25. I took her out for nachos and wings at Don Cherry's. Yup, the big $$$! ha


I still remember the moment my uncle Cliff told me I had another sister. I already had one, I wanted a brother. So I did what any upset 9 year old would do - I fell to the carpet and started bawling and hitting the floor.

I think I'm over it.

When Chantel was really young, she was the sister I got along with better. With Charlene only being 3 years younger than me, we fought. A lot.


Chantel still tells people I use to body slam her on the bed and bar her in my room, forcing her to listen to G'n'R's Appetite for Destruction. Wasn't that the duty of all big brothers? :)

As for her teenage years...we weren't so close (:( But now that she is more sensible, we can tolerate each other! haha

Whenever people say we look 'just like each other' (and we do) she is in complete denial. Face it sis, ya look just like your (handsome) big brother!

At least I made her a U2 fan!

Here is our latest family pic, sans wife, taken in August.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics.
Sexy teeth.
"I'm a sensitive guy" look.
I love you for writing in your blog about me.... and your weird sence of humor. Who did we get that trait off of anyways? Def wasn't mom....maybe we can ask sis.. after all.. she is the black sheep(I am bad.) (Just kidding Charlene)......


(not really.)


xo

"Is dad colorblind alot?"

Yaaaa.

cgc said...

Sigh.

alot is TWO words sis.

Anonymous said...

Well I remember Chris putting his fist through the wall while aunt Lorraine and uncle George were out celebrating for some occasion... hmmm, but I think that was due to Charlenes teasing and nagging (sorry cousin) while we were playing pool... Chantels impression seeing the hole in the wall was a chin drop to the floor, big teeth, "ohhhhhh, I'm telling....."..... and Chris, you probably didn't get along with Chantel in HER teen year since she was everything you were but worst and you had NO control... ha ha! Hope your parents don't read this!