Monday, February 4

Giant Killers & Sport Talk

I never watched football growing up. It was hockey, hockey, and hockey. Then a little basketball.

But since I lived in Manitoba for two years, I have started watching it (much to my wife's delight). But it is not the CFL that I watch, but the NFL.

I don't know why. Am I a sucker for the mammoth NFL machine? Probably. But I don't care. I just know it is now harder to get school work done on Sunday than it use to!

So last night was the games to end all games. The greatest team verus the greatest underdog. I wanted to see perfection happen. But I also have a history for supporting the underdog.

The Giants didn't get the respect they deserved. And Brady got the sh*t knocked out of him repeatedly. New England's defence let them down.

Was it a pretty game? No, but full of suspense. A blow-out would not have had the same drama. Glad to see you are out of your brother's shadow Eli.

On another note - I watched the Habs on Saturday. A very fast team. Then there is Ryder. I don't know if he is hurt or just not giving it 100%. I wasn't shocked to see himin the press box Sunday. At this rate, he will get traded for nothing more than a bag of pucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went into the game rooting for the Patriots, but after the Giants first drive I found myself (for some unknown reason) rooting for the G-Men. Obviously I was pleased with the result, but regardless of who won it was a great game.

-RS