Monday, July 24

Destroying your house to improve it

Have you ever watched a toddler try to force a square shaped object into a circular hole? The kid keeps banging and banging. And sometimes screams. Eventually the kid learns...

Last night my wife wanted to move the sofa and loveseat downstairs. Leather furniture arriving Wednesday. Very sweet. I knew before we started that the sofa would not make it. It was too frigging long to make the two turns and sets of stairs.

But yet, we tried. Our next door neighbor came over to help. Or save us. THREE FRIGGING HOURS LATER the sofa was in my rec room.

But there was some....damage. The sofa is now looking.......older. And there are many, many holes, scrapes, and dents in walls. But to top off everything, we have to take DOWN my bathroom wall just to the blasted sofa into the rec room.

So today a trip to KENT was needed to buy some gyproc, lumber, nails and door framing. The recovery continues. Anyone know a good plaster guy?

What have I learned? One: my neighbor is an AWESOME guy and I need to buy him a LOT of beer. Two: when we sell this house, the sofa comes with it. Or I will attack it with an axe.

3 comments:

Blog of Elliott said...

Chris, is there still time for me to get out my my relationship? I sooo enjoy reading about your home reno's as I know i will be facing the same pain as you do.

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,

I find reading these kinda funny. Especially the sofa story. I can just see ya trying fighting and crying ofr three hours. You know if it was me I would have just drank more beer and by the end the sofa would have still ended up in the rec room but i would have just cut a hole in the floor to get it down, then i would have drank more beer!!!!!

Anonymous said...

funny, didn't you learn anything when you helped me, always get someone qualified,,,

AH