Thursday, August 10

Back in town

I was out around the bay visiting my parents and in-laws. A good trip, with lots of food, cold beer and sleep. Some people may ask, "How is that different from your everyday life?"

Good point, for I am at 195 pounds. "Sweet f*@k!" I thought to myself when I first stood on a scale several weeks ago. I am lucky to be a bit tall. But now all my clothes are a little bit "snug." Less beer, more action is needed. But my wife likes the added junk in the trunk.

The world is nuts.

Wife and I were shopping at the Price Club/Costos today. And Xmas stuff was out! Notice how I wrote 'xmas' and not Christmas? As much as I HATE the intentional misspelling of words, seeing decorations on August 10th warrents only an 'x.' I am not a religious man, but Christmas to me is being with family and friends (the ones you like) and enjoying your time. NOT spending every last cent and being trampled to death at a mall.

And now the new flying rules that came out today. Air Canada will love this. I can see the price of a bottle of water being 2 bucks and any little snack 5 bucks. I DO agree with stricter rules, but I hope things calm down soon. I do not plan to fly soon (goodbye Churchill!). Thank gawd.

later
cgc

No comments: