Saturday, August 12

Bloated Movies

Wife and I watched Pirates 2 today. Very long movie. Major editing needed. It reminded me of King Kong. Peter Jackson's version. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It seems when a director/producer has some success, their next movie must be "bigger and better." Now, I DO admit I have a very short attention span, but seeing countless shots of scenery,or elongated sword fights in between actual dialogue bores me. Now, you may argue that summer/popcorn movies are made to be enjoyed, not evaluated. But there needs to be a limit to fluff.

True, there are MOVIES and then there are FILMS. I watched Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang last month. That was a film. Weird, funny, sick, but good. Wife didn't like it. She also didn't like Anchorman, so you know our sense of humour is a bit off. :)

I am hoping that the Fall/serious/artsy/awards movies coming up are better than the junk in theatres at the moment.
later
cgc

No comments: