Sunday, August 27

Summer coming to an end


Wow. It is the end of August already. Where did the time go? Once again I had plans to read, write, and do house improvements. The house "improvements" is ongoing, no writing was done, and as for reading, does Sodoku count?

School will be starting soon. I turned down the half time teaching job in Gander to stay with my wife and sub in the city. Plus, I will be closer to MUN when I begin my Masters courses.

I had a relaxing time in Red Cliff, my wife's home town. It once had a population of about 300. Now there are about only 30 people in total. It is so peaceful. I love the sound of the birds on Red Cliff Islands and the smell of the salty sea.


My parents came over to Tickle Cove's "Dory Days" and had a great time. For my father, the area reminds him of growing up in B'arrd Islands on Fogo Island. Here is a picture of mom and dad relaxing on the rocks in front of Red Cliff Islands.



There is a famous song about Tickle Cove Pond. One night while I was playing cards in Churchill with my friends, this song came on. The guys from Ontario and Manitoba liked the song. I laughed and told them that my wife was from that area and I visit often. So Russ, here is the picture! (There is no beer in my hand only because it is outside of designated drinking area haha)

I spent a bit of time in Baytona as well. It is quite different than Red Cliff: flat, sheltered, and lots of trees! Once again dad requested my "weed whacker skills" but I didn't mind - the beer seemed colder!


later.
cgc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris what is a designated drinking zone??? I am confused!!!!