Wednesday, October 25

Sickness & Interviews

I have pneumonia for the first time in my life. After running a temp over 38 degrees for four days my wife suggested a trip to the doc. A chest x-ray later confirmed it.

So now I am home, downstairs resting. With all the sweating and farting since Sunday, the rec room sofa may be on its last legs. And yes, this is the same couch that was "roughed up" getting downstairs.

Lucky for me my profs are understanding, and I have an extension on a paper.

I had an interview last Friday for a job I was already doing. Weird, eh? But I didn't get the gig. I came in second place. F@#k. Admin said I was fine, but they gave it to the guy with elementary training and I have jr/sr high school training. Then she said something that threw me - my personality is better suited to junior high school. Huh?

So I am back to square one. I hope the jr/sr schools start calling again, after telling them I have been booked for the past three weeks.
sigh
cgc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the pneumonia and the 2nd place for the job. Hang in there buddy...your health and occupation will recover:)