Saturday, May 6

Thoughts

The daylight is getting longer but yet each day seems to pass by faster...!

The school year is coming to an end. I was denied a leave of absence to begin my Masters program so now I have to resign. As my father says, "One door shuts while another one opens."

So I have to resign. From my first REAL job. And it bums me out. I have learned SO much and have made relationships but I have to walk away...to the most important relationship of my life - my best friend, my wife.

She has been quite the trooper. To marry me only to see me leave a month later to teach in Churchill. It hasn't been easy for her, and she deserves better. I have learned quite a bit as a teacher in the past two years, but I have learned that being next to your wife as you fall asleep and wake up is more important than having a job.

With that "said" it is time for me to rant about moving.

Jesus, it is a pain in the ass. Of course my main thoughts are about my hockey equipment and BOOKS. My collection of short stories has grown with each trip to Winnipeg. Even the unread ones are more valuable to me than my sweaters. :)

And with each move, a person leaves things behind. There are a few items of clothing and household goods that I will never wear/use again. But the inner packrat in me screams "No, no!" But just the thought of getting screwed by Calm Air or Air Canada with my luggage weight makes me realize, "Fuck it. I'm traveling light."

later
cgc

No comments: