Monday, September 4

Certified Pre-Owned vs Used

I need a car. Soon. And I know NOTHING about cars. My wife has been quite amused about my total lack of knowledge and interest in cars. When she asks me, "What type of car is that one?" I reply, "A blue one."

But the joke is now on me. My father gave me the last car I had. A '95 Neon. Apparently it is still ticking somewhere out around the bay to the guy I sold it to when I moved up north. I need wheels again now that I will be subbing in the city. And there are too many options.

Wife and father-in-law has been a big help (gawd bless their hearts) in giving me a few tips. Yes, I still kick the tire for some forsaken reason, but now I am comparing KM, warrenty, etc. I may turn into a "real" man yet! ha

'Used' is now a dirty word. Cars are now 'pre-owned.' Whatever. All I know, I can't afford a new one right now, between subbing and doing my Masters. And school starts this week! argh!!

later
cgc

1 comment:

Blog of Elliott said...

Chris, the best advice I can provide is back home, stick with North American vehicles. If anything happens, you know there are plenty of parts around. I still have my VW golf. It works like a charm but when something happens... parts are $$$