Tuesday, September 19

Guns

The news is depressing. From a man being mistaken by a bear and shot to death by his wife in rural NF, that "nut" in Montreal last week, and the war(s) in the Middle East, it is all too much.

Cops should have guns. That's it. Yes, if you are "going to get me moose b'y" that is fine - hunting for food. But there is no need for automatic guns in our culure.

And now people are getting more upset about our troops dying. They are SOLDIERS. They know the risk. Really, what can you do when a child rides up to you on a bike strapped with explosives? It is a different type of war, and Canadians have to realize that. Gone are the days of WWI and WWII.

And this is coming from a guy who only shot a BB gun. At his cousin. In the ass. Sorry Woody.
cgc

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Now you know me, most of the time I really don't agree with much that comes from you Chris. These statements on the other hand I agree with totally. As a Canadian I am proud of what Canada's soldiers are doing, and I am actually happy that our government has the balls to send them more help (leopard tanks) and actually give them the help and support they need!!!!!

Blog of Elliott said...

Chris, you could not have said it better, but you know me, first military, then a cop...of course I will agree.
People do not realize what kind of world we live in and the majority of Canadians still live in the their naive little bubble. As for Woody...he deserved the bb in the bum!! lol (sorry wood)

Anonymous said...

Well, tks buds... all I will say is that a BB is the only thing I ever will or have in my ass, tks cos! Woody