Friday, June 8

7 Wonders of Canada

Well, the 7 wonders of Canada have been selected. And to no surprise, none from Newfoundland and Labrador made it.

See: http://www.cbc.ca/sevenwonders/

I have no argument with Niagara Falls, the Rockies, the Prairie skies (much nicer to look at than what is below it - drive 8 hours from Thompson to Winnipeg and get back to me), and even Old Quebec City.

But the canoe and igloo over Cape Spear, Gros Morne National Park, and Signal Hill?

C'mon. I am not a camper, but I was overwhelmed by the scenery at Gros Morne. From the Tablelands, fjords, and hiking that blasted mountain, it is breath-taking. Just look at my header, it is a pic of my wife and I on the top of the mountain, striking a pose - and trying not to pass out. ha

Anyway, it is all a popularity contest in some aspect. With our small population, how can we expect to make the list of 7 when we can't make a NFer a Canadian Idiot, I mean, Idol?

Such a vast and diverse country. It's a good thing.

1 comment:

John Mutford said...

Tell the Inuit of Labrador that we weren't represented.