Wednesday, June 13

Teaching

Right now I am full of emotions because of the profession I love - teaching.

The school year is coming to an end next week and at the moment I don't have enough sub days for a new EI claim. I am about 2 days short so it is a crap shoot if I get it.

Today I found out a couple of jobs I applied for were filled. The school district policy is that I need 15 MONTHS of REPLACEMENT time in THEIR board just to be interviewed in the Spring. Considering I only have 4 months in this district (and sub days don't count), my only chance is catching a break during the next school year, even for out around the bay gigs.

So even if I am 'gettin' more educated' doing my Masters part-time, it doesn't matter. As for my current courses, blah. I am looking forward to the September semester already.

But still, I enjoy teaching. Not dealing with behaviour shit or the politics of it, but making connections with the kids. So here is a link I found on youtube, which made me smile. Enjoy.

1 comment:

nadinebc said...

Loved this! I left job as a DBA a few years ago. Being a DBA paid better, was 9-5, and got a lot more respect. Next time I find myself wondering what in the name of all that is holy was I thinking???!! I will play this video.