Friday, January 4

10 Years Later



10 years ago I woke up in Harlow, England. I went there to complete my teaching internship.

Wow. It is hard to believe when I think of my experiences of beating the streets on Saturdays in London, visiting ancient churches and cities such as Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Paris, and Amsterdam, all this time has passed.

I'll never forget the weekend Mike, Jamie and I rented a car and ended West, seeing Stonehenge, the Tor, Cardiff castle, and other sights.




Walking throughout London and across London Bridge at 3am while waiting for our ride to Amsterdam was freaky - in a city of 8 million people the city was silent and we only saw a handful of people.

Amsterdam was great as well, visiting the house where Anne Frank hid (very small), seeing the countless museums, and walking throughout the red light district. As for the attempted mugging, with the knife only inches away from my gut as I called out to Jamie and Mike, well, that wasn't so great. I kept my innards and wallet in tact, and the beer I had immediately afterwards tasted SO good.

Taking in the surrounding cultures, especially in the pubs across the street every evening was great.


As for the teaching, well, it was challenging. I am just happy Newfoundland doesn't have the same British education system.

To all the friends and acquaintances I made, I hope you are all doing well. I think I will go look at some pics and reflect!

No comments: