Thursday, January 3

Christmas. New Year. Ugh.

Time out around the bay was well spent, although getting rain on the night of the 24th put a bit of a damper on the seasonal feeling.

Gifts given and received went well. Wife surprised me with all her presents while she knew most of the ones I had for her. But she didn't have a clue about the emergency car kit! Who says romance is dead! haha

Hanging out with my folks was nice. I have not seen them since August and I won't see them again till next summer. That is the life of many Newfoundlanders as they work out of the province. This time, my father swears it is his last year teaching.

My mom's reply? "I've heard that one before."

Now it is the new year. My resolutions? Same as always:
- go to the gym, since I DO have a membership!
- drink less coffee. But compared to what I see consumed at work, I am already doing ok!
- use time more wisely for Masters (last semester!), work, wife, dog, and myself. Not necessarily in that order.
- read and write for pleasure (maybe this will be the year...!)
- try not to ignore my wife on Friday and Saturday when I have The Independent, Globe and Mail, and The Telegram in front of me. (Sorry honey, don't hold your breath!)

I know my failure rate for resolutions is holding at 99%. Maybe in the year that I turn 35 (wow) I will find the time to grow up a little more.

Last resolution? - try to make my wife smile. Think I'll bring her coffee in bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a few glasses of rum/wine in this pic didnt you?

Anonymous said...

Maybe he mixed the rum with the wine instead of Coke/Pepsi...