Thursday, April 27

Hump Day

Another Wednesday has passed. The kids were good today. My small class was even smaller than usual, and they are still enjoying the Poetry unit.

But then we had a staff meeting. zzzzzzzzzzz............... Looking around the room, I wasn't the only educator with eyes glazed over. I would rather be in front of the kids, teaching. Just last week I was in Winnipeg, going through more professional development. I keep wondering about each presenter: Do they enjoy this more than being in the classroom?

It was nice to experience the weather, but I'm sorry, the city just seems...blah. I am from Newfoundland. I need the sea, hills, colours. The only colour I see in Winnipeg involves stop signs!

Now I am back in Churchill, my current stomping grounds for the next two months. I was accepted into Memorial University's Masters program for the upcoming fall, so once again I will be back in Newfoundland with my wife (GREAT!) and be a student!

Bedtime.
cgc

1 comment:

Blog of Elliott said...

Alas dear friend, I too miss the sea, hills and the smell of the ocean. Not sure what will happen in a few years but I plan to put the pressure upon the lady to pull the plug and return home. Congrat's on the masters! Mike