Monday, April 17

Turkey, Church, and Death

Well, Easter weekend has passed and once again I had too many helpings. This year was a rare occurrence: three invites for the three days!

Being a man of sound mind but lacking skills in the kitchen, I did not pass up the glorious opportunity. Now my jeans are asking, "What the hell happened buddy?" while dreading tomorrow morning. Coffee can only take a man so far.

And as for Easter............I am a non-practicing Anglican. My memories consist of chocolate, palms, and more people at church than usual. I always looked forward to the chocolate, especially my sisters', which seemed to taste much better after I consumed mine!

As for church now, the only times I enter the hallowed halls are for weddings and funerals. My mother says I will need it one day, aka my funeral. I reply I want to be cremated and tossed into the sea. That pisses her off. Sorry mom.

cgc

No comments: