Monday, June 12

the bookcase

What is worse than packing up all your belongings for a move?

Unpacking.

I have been home in Newfoundland now for about two weeks. Yes, most of my time has been dedicated to supporting my wife as she recovers from surgery (she will be ok). But still, there are clothes on the floor and on the spare bed as I am trying to get organized.

But what is worst is the computer room, otherwise known as MY part of the house. ha My growing collection of short stories, poetry and teaching materials are on the floor, against the wall.

I have a dilemma. We have a very small bookcase. I want to take all my books and organize them to my liking. In other words, get rid of all my wife's medical and nursing textbooks. How can Cohen, Shakespeare and Hemingway be alongside these books?

But I got "the look" from my wife. Her books stay. Or the bed will be cold.

Now I must go pack for my two weeks back in Churchill. Then UNPACK. And PACK again, and finally UNPACK for good. Amen.
cgc

No comments: