Wednesday, June 14

up-keep

Well, fixing up the house has begun. And I need to develop some painting skills, fast!

My better half has decided that the entire house needs to be repainted. Who am I to argue? We have been in this house for three years now, with only the kitchen, master bedroom and rec room painted. So a bit of a change would be nice.

While I was away, teaching up north, my wife finalized the colour scheme. But yes, I did have SOME say. :) Yesterday this rookie started on the porch. Was it a coincidence that it is the smallest room in the house? I think not. If my skills are not up to par, I forsee a "professional" coming into my house, and money coming out of my pocket!

Of course, with new paint, comes new flooring. Our kitchen floor is....disgusting. White does NOT cover up dirt. It will be nice to walk into the kitchen and not see spots everywhere, wondering if it is food, dust, or a crunched bug. ha

Next month comes the leather sofa and loveseat. After a three year search (we are picky apparently) we found something we BOTH liked and called it our 2nd anniversary present. The old sofa and loveseat go downstairs. Hopefully. It will be a tight squeeze. But then I will have a sofa, tv, computer, and bathroom downstairs. I'll only need to venture up into the sunlight for food!

Break time is over.
later
cgc

No comments: