Thursday, April 26

Going Out With My Misses

I promised my wife that between semesters I would be more social with her; dates and such. She has held me to it.

Last week we watched Ýoung Triffe, directed by Mary Walsh and set in Newfoundland in the 40s. My wife really liked it. Me, it was so-so. A little too slapstick for me, but the scenery was great and the acting was good. Of course my wife complained that I always find something wrong with something she likes. I tell her it is just my opinion....!

Tuesday night we went to the Arts & Culture center to watch Stuart Mclean perform his Vinyl Cafe show. The man is very animated when he speaks! The shows (he recorded two) were very good, filled with laughter. My wife laughed so hard she got a headache and practically cried. But in a good way.

Before me, she never listened to CBC, let alone the Vinyl Cafe show (her joke, not mine). At least I did something right! haha

School starts again May 7th. I guess I better plan a few more dates!

1 comment:

Blog of Elliott said...

Good work on going to see Mr. Maclean and the Vinyl Cafe. I love the guy. Edmonton has finally cuaght up with the times as CBC can now be heard on FM, not AM radio...Chirs, I too have caught on to this Facebook thing...what a disaster!