Saturday, May 19

Junior High & Other Stuff

I subbed at a junior high school for 4 days this past week. Yes, I was visiting another planet. I'll call it planet Hormone.

The kids were fine, typical teenage behaviour and interests aka anything but school. ha With the long weekend coming and Grade 9 grad activities, writing notes from the board was the least of many concerns.

I don't know what they are feeding teenagers, but it ain't stunting growth. Yes, there were the token underdressed females, but I was more amused by height. I am about 6 foot, and I blended in with many of the Grade 9 students - including girls. If any of them wanted to 'take me out' it wouldn't be much of a problem. I don't think my "I'm a lover, not a fighter" mantra would save my ass.

Due to the increased subbing, I dropped one Masters course. So during this long weekend with wife working, I need to focus on my readings.......when the dog isn't seeking my attention for food & play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on Chris admit it, you just use this site as another way of procrastinating! I know you do. Hell I use it that way, well either that or I just need a good laugh and to look at someone who has no life, and to make me feel better about my life.

Tedd