Sunday, May 27

Summary of my week

I procrastinate. Each day thoughts (interesting to me) pop into my head, and I think, "Gee, that's something to put on my blog."

But alas, it has been over a week since I posted anything. To begin....

Monday was bulk garbage day on our street. So the 'crazies' were out Sunday night and early Monday morning, driving in their beat-up pickups, scanning the scene. What is the saying?: One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Wife and I only put out our old computer chair. It wasn't long before the teenagers got at it and were wheeling themselves back and forth. I was SO hoping for a wheel to pop off, especially when I saw them poking around garbage and making a mess, breaking things. If they are going to be idiots, at least they should be rewarded like idiots. (then again, GWB is prez...!)

Subbed at elementary, jr & sr high this week. Elementary and Senior high was great. As for junior high, I earned every friggin' cent, and deserved more. It is scary the lack of moral fiber in most kids. Really, I am only 34 and I don't remember our generation being that bad. But at least I worked, and I need every day.

Played cards on Saturday. Good to have a game. Bad to be the first one out. Fun to have good cards and bet. Not so fun for another guy at the table to have better cards than you and wipe your stack out. But I may get a regular game out of it. Ah, how I miss Churchill. But not the weather.

Lastly, my courses. It is a bitch, with the weather getting better and the dog wanting to get outside more and more. Gonna be a long summer.
later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Isn't that what happened to you when you played cards with us in Churchill? First out, nap on couch waiting for the second game!!

Tedd