Monday, February 12

34

Today I am 34. Wow.

This morning in bed my wife asked me how I felt and I told her I was comparing myself to my father when he was 34: married for years, 3 kids, well into his teaching career.

I have the marriage (2.5 years in) but the only other things in common is having a dog and beginning our Masters around the same time. But there is NO way I am doing administration. I am staying in the classroom! haha

Of course she said it is a different era, and many people do not get "settled" until they are older. This is coming from my wife, who has always wanted to be a nurse, and was one at 21. She's so sweet. :)

What are my b-day plans? Well, I just returned from updating my license. New photo and a slight change in my weight. ha Then it is off to renew our car insurance. Yes, so exciting. To top it off we may buy a bookcase as my b-day present (too many books on the floor) and then it is back to writing a paper due tomorrow. There may be a beverage or two in between, especially when I am watching "24."

At least I am with my wife here in suburbia. The last 2 b-days I was alone in Churchill.

No comments: