Saturday, March 10

Books and Shelves

I finally have my two bookcases put together (a belated birthday present), and placed my books in order. Sort of.

I have my short stories, poetry, novels, and university texts separated. As I was doing this, wife just looked at me. "I'm married to a geek," was probably what she was thinking.

With extra space came wife's books. She is into the CSI-type books. I won't be touching them! haha Her nursing books finally get their due, next to my (overpriced) I.T. text books. It was a crime how much I paid for that I.T. Diploma.

As I was finishing, wife asked, "What books have you read?" I think what she REALLY wanted to know was what books had she bought me that I had not read....yet. She has made it clear she is not buying me any more books until I read the ones I already have. Fair enough.

Here is a list of what I need to read:
- The Navigator of New York (Wayne Johnston)
- Alligator (Lisa Moore). half way through....not liking it. Loved her short stories!
- behindlings (Nicola Barker) A Brit. Read her short stories.
- Secrets From the Vinyl Cafe (Stuart Mclean). I know, I know. 2 others read though!
- Book of Longing (Leonard Cohen). Started....like his older work better.

Then there are the books I have bought...!

Some day, some day. After my masters is finished!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup you are a Geek!!!!

Anonymous said...

George says you are not a geek for organizing your bookshelf (one of his favourite pasttimes), and especially for not reading the damn books. And admit it... you do not have the patience for novels, only short stories. And you haven't even read any of Ken Harvey's story collection. You'll never be a geek.