Sunday, March 11

Dressing up for coffee

While running a few errands yesterday, I decided to drop by Starbucks in Chapters to get a coffee for my wife and take it to her place of work.

Now, I am simple in my coffee - black. Whenever my wife wants her nonfat, decaf, vanilla latte, extra hot, and grande, I giggle to myself. Why can't the size be small, medium, or large? Really, c'mon!

So as I was waiting for my order to be filled, I looked around. I seemed under dressed in hikers, Columbia jacket, and toque. And scruff. All around me were people dressed very nicely, wearing pretty scarfs, coats, hats, etc. Some were even looking at their laptops, intently. I guess they had no Internet access at home. ha

Starbucks seems to be a very 'social butterfly' place. But at least some people had their kids there, away from computer games!

2 comments:

MKB said...

Hey buddy... Guess I found you as well... How are things?

MKB

Anonymous said...

So, if "grande" is not in your native vocabulary, guess how my grandmother feels to see and read stuff like "moonshine ticket, eye catcher, key user, sale, customer service, human ressources, fashion show" etc. in Germany. It's important to know about different languages but sometimes I think globalism/advertising is taking it a bit too far ...